The Optimist Club of Washington has expanded the Soccer Leagues to include Castle Soccer – a program for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Every child wants to belong to a group, and most children love to play team sports.
The Optimist Club of Washington has realized that we’ve been leaving some children out of our fall soccer program. Castle Soccer is a program for special needs children.
We are offering a soccer program for children ages 4-15 (actual age as of September 1 of the current year) with intellectual and developmental disabilities, to allow them to learn basic skills and rules of the game.
Games will be played on Saturday mornings, at the Susiegray Moore McConnell Complex, starting in mid-September. The game schedule will be posted by August 30th.
Join the Knights, Kings, and Dragons for some royal fun!
Game Dates for Fall 2012 are September 8, 15, 22, 29 & October 13, 20.
We had a great inaugural season in 2010 a fun and exciting 2011 year and looking for more fun in 2012 as we continuing to build this league.
Castle Soccer is offered at No Charge for players.
You Can Help!
- The Optimist Club and The City of Washington, along with individual and corporate sponsors, support the program.
- The Optimist Club, with the help of generous volunteers, organize the Program.
- Parents will be offered the opportunity to participate in our Soccer Raffle Fundraiser, if desired, to help with costs.
- If you are interested in coaching a team in this league, please let us know.
- You can sponsor a Castle League players for $40, or an entire team for $250.00 (minimum of 8 players).
- Any donations are appreciated and will be used strictly for Castle Soccer!
Mentors, Buddies & Coaches
Buddies and mentors will be needed to make this league a success. We are asking for volunteers from friends, parents, coaches, older Optimist Soccer players and community organizations to act as a buddy for this league. We would like for each child to have a buddy.
READ MORE about Castle Soccer Mentors – needed on Saturday in 2012
You can be a buddy for one Saturday Morning, or for the entire season!
CLICK HERE to access a Volunteer Application Form
Any organization or individual that would like to be a buddy for a player, please contact us via email at OptimistClub@gotricounty.com or by phone at 944-5154.