The Optimist Club of Washington, North Carolina is a civic organization run solely by volunteers. We serve the children of our community by offering programs for them to be involved in, and by providing a variety of community service projects.
The club was incorporated in 1975 and supports the City of Washington and surrounding Beaufort County communities.
Over the years we have raised and spent close to one million dollars for area youth programs.
The following are just some of the things that the volunteers of the Optimist Club of Washington have been doing, as part of their efforts to help inspire young people of our area:
- Castle Soccer for Special Needs Children, formed in 2010
- Optimist Club Soccer League (about 450 children per season)
- Soccer concession stand fundraisers
- Girl Scout Leader Recognition
- Support area Boy Scout Troops
- Fireman and EMT of the Year Recognition
- Fundraiser at the Cycle North Carolina Ride in Washington 2011
- Soccer camp fundraiser for high school soccer teams since 1996
- Sponsor for other area youth softball, baseball, football, soccer and basketball teams
- Support for the Patrick Cochran Memorial Skate Park
- Four (4) College Scholarships of $1,500 each
- Essay contest
- Support for Boys & Girls Home of NC – Optimist Club Cottage
- Support individual youth sports players, with scholarships and assistance with buying equipment.
Explore our website, and consider becoming a member of this fun and dedicated group of volunteers!